Sunday, March 13, 2011

Happiest Place on Earth

We took a much needed family vacation to DisneyWorld. What's even better is that we saved a lot of money and received great benefits. Military members get discounts on Disney tickets. Each year Disney offers different promotions. Last year they offered a 3 day park hopper pass for $99. This year the deal was a 4 day park hopper pass for $138. You can purchase up to 6 tickets at that price. Your friends or family can use them as long as the military member or spouse is there on the first day to register the tickets. Awesome huh?? We saved hundreds. My brother and his family came along with us. To top it off we stayed at this FABULOUS military only Disney Resort..........



The Shades of Green is one of four military resorts. The other three are located in Hawaii, Germany and Korea. The Shades of Green is located right across the street from the Polynesian Disney Resort which has monorail service directly to Magic Kingdom and Epcot. It took about 10 minutes to walk there and made it VERY convenient to get to and from the theme parks. For a rank of O-3 (Captain) it cost us $133 a night for a huge pool side room. The rooms are the largest of all Disney Resorts. I am so glad we stayed here. Such a great vacation. The only problem now is that I don't have anything else to look forward to but our move to Germany. So now I feel a lot of pressure to start preparing and getting things in order for our move.
I hope to do a good job keeping you all informed on all the tasks that go into PCSing (moving permanently) overseas. If I do a good job at updating this blog on all that goes into moving overseas I feel like it could really benefit those of you who will be doing so someday. There are passports to get, 3 different packing dates to coordinate, medical paperwork to get cleared for myself and children and soooooo much more. I better get started!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, never heard of military resorts until now. I will definitely show this post to my husband for a future vacation.
    Good luck packing!

    ReplyDelete