Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dining Out at the end of COT and JASCO

Hi Eileen!

Do you mean what is the dress for you or for your husband? Your husband (if he's not going to the May COT class) will wear Servicemen Dress. It is soooooo stinking expensive and they don't wear it much. You could say it is equivalent to a tuxedo. They will wear it to any formal military event, including Dining Out.

Top Gun went to COT in the summer (May's COT) with all the "gonna be" doctors. That COT class didn't have to purchase the Servicemen Dress because they figure after medical school all the doctors would not fit in it by the time they actually started working in the Air Force. Which only meant Top Gun got to wait a few more weeks before he had to purchase it while he was at JASCO.

As to what you should wear, well it is a formal event. Usually that means a long dress but if you have an elegant short dress I would say that would be fine too. Good luck and HAPPY SHOPPING!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the quick response!

    I did mean for me, I wasn't sure if a long dress was overkill. Excited to start shopping. He leaves for COT on Monday - it will be a long five weeks (as you know)!

    Thanks again!
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen, I went to a formal event a few months ago where my husband had to wear Service Dress and there were several girls that had short dresses on. I had a floor length dress that was simple so I didn't feel out of place but there were a small few with extremely formal dresses that I felt were way too much and out of place. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I've never heard of this Dining Out? Could you explain a little more? Also, the COT website alluded to a week or so of events at the end of COT for military spouses (or was it just one class?) Did you go down to Alabama at the end of COT? What are the scheduled events?

    Hope all is well, and warmest congrats on Germany!

    AM

    ReplyDelete