Monday, April 4, 2016

Question: Moving to Alabama with my husband during JASOC while pregnant

Someone asked if they can move to Alabama with their husband while he attends JASOC.

Short answer: You can but it will be at your own expense to get there. You can still receive BAH but you will not be reimbursed for your travel expenses. He will be busy and will not be allowed to take time off. The person asking this question is expected to deliver their 3rd baby while her spouse is at JASOC so I can see why she'd want to go. I could see him being allowed to miss a day, maybe two for the delivery but it's not a guarantee. When at JASOC they are not allowed to take leave days generally. So it would be a gamble. Consider going somewhere that you have family so they can help with the other two kids and you while you deliver and recover. Otherwise, you're potentially going to be in Alabama alone without much help. This would be worse case scenario. On the flip side, you could go and he may be allowed to take time off and be present for the delivery which we all want for our babies and selves understandably.  Good luck and keep us posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment